[T3] Crate's engine apart, mostly...

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 08:44:26 PDT 2012

I gotta agree with Vader.  When I rebuilt Sophy engine almost 10 years and 60k miles ago, I ended up with a static compression of right around 8.5:1.  The only other modification I made was to run an extractor header and single Quiet Pack exhaust.  I almost always run 87 octane fuel.  On the trip out to Colorado, I ran some 89 as a treat for her, but I am sure I didn't need too.

And remember, I certainly don't take it easy on Sophy's engine.  I am sure I run in nearly wide-open throttle conditions and shift much later than you do Keith. <G>

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com