[T3] Crate's engine apart, mostly...

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 20:04:59 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 10:08 PM, John Jaranson wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2012, at 10:04 PM, Keith Park wrote:
>
>> Did you change deckheight?
>> Hmmm...well, I sure cant get away with that!
>>
> I may have put some barrel shim's in there to get it to 8.5:1.  Not sure.  I will have to go back and take a look.

Ok, I went back through the list archives and and found a post from 2002 when I rebuilt and installed Sophy's engine.  In the post I note the compression of the new engine at 7.7:1, not 8.5:1.  I would trust the post I made then versus wheat I remember now.  In my defense, it was 10 years ago. <G>  I also was likely confusing the Sophy current engine with the new 2.0L engine which is at 8.5:1.

Sorry for the confusion.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com