[T3] 72 Fastback engine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 11 21:04:53 PDT 2012

On 11 Sep 2012 at 21:22, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Here is a quick photo of the engine with some of the students who had a hand
> in it. It about ready to put in as soon as the body guys get the main shell
> painted.

Looks really nice, Dennis, except that I have to agree with Keith:
That muffler may look really cool, but the 10th time you burn or cut
your shins on one of the tips, or the 3rd time you discover that the
alum foil air hoses have disappeared, you'll be looking for something
better.

I hope you still have a decent pair of the little upper heat
exchangers. I went back to the stock mufflers after trying to deal
with the kewl aftermarket ones for more than 10 years. They just
aren't worth it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org