[T3] CV joints on a 68 swing axle

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 13:40:16 PDT 2013

In a message dated 4/3/2013 4:26:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

There actually WERE a few IRS '68s, but those were late '68 AT dual
carb versions, not sold in the US. They're pretty rare. I think we
MIGHT have heard from only 1 on this list over all its  years.

I knew that AT's were available in mid to late 68, but since the  title of
the thread is CV joints on a 68 swing axle, I was thinking he had the  2
mixed up (hence asking IF his car had a conversion). Unless the car is
severely lowered, the axle bearings last a really long time, unless run dry.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction