[T3] Carb rebuilt video

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Aug 2 20:02:24 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/2/2013 4:22:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
maroblll at coqui.net writes:

Thanks for the advice Bob!  Is re-bushing the shafts something  that
requires precision equipment?  The bushings are not part of the  rebuild
kit, are they?  On  a 5 point scale, where does it stand  in terms of
difficulty where 5 can be pretty difficult for the average  owner?

No, the bushings aren't part of a rebuild kit. Since you're in P.R., I'd
remove the base plate from the carbs, and talk to a good local machinist
about  replacing them. It'll be cheaper in the long run, versus shipping them to
and  from the states.

As for the rest of the kit, it's probably a 2 (maybe a 1.5) on a 1  to 5
scale of difficulty. The biggest thing is to have a can of carb cleaner  (1
gallon can with a basket), and some compressed air for cleaning out the
passages and jets. Like I said, most kits come with instructions, and it's
basically a tear it down, soak a while, blow it out, and re-assemble type of
thing. Just remember to try and re-use your old needle and seat assembly, as
the new ones in the kits have been causing problems with flooding and not
shutting off the fuel flow. :O

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction