[T3] kickdown switch

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Aug 1 19:32:42 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/1/2013 5:43:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 1 Aug 2013 at 10:41, Mike Fisher wrote:

> My rebuilt  engine has been running fine, but my rebuilt AT will not kick
> down to  2nd unless you mash the throttle into the carpet.  It used to
kick
> down easier, before you hit the carpet.

That's all in the  adjustment of the throttle cable and the kickdown
switch. Get someone to  help you while you do this. You don't need to
have the engine running; you  can hear the switch "click" when you get
there.

You have  to have it installed, before you can adjust it. Mike prefers to
drive with it  removed/disabled for some reason. :O

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction