[T3] Bowden tube boot differences

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Aug 9 22:14:07 PDT 2013

On 9 Aug 2013 at 18:12, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> The front, you say?  Interesting.  I'm assuming the slimmer, lipped
> side goes forward and hooks into the frame?

Yes, IIRC, that's the way they go.

> My parts book (updated through December 1969) shows very clearly that
> one is for early cars and one is for late.  It also shows them both
> positioned at the rear end of the bowden tube.

The location shown in the drawing is not always where it goes on the
car. My microfilm shows the same thing your book shows. My experience
is mostly with '68 and later cars, and all of those had both boots,
front and rear, as shown on the photos you posted.

Yes, looks like another error in the parts list.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org