[T3] Bowden tube boot differences

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 07:15:51 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/10/2013 1:14:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 9 Aug 2013 at 18:12, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> My parts  book (updated through December 1969) shows very clearly that
> one is  for early cars and one is for late.  It also shows them both
>  positioned at the rear end of the bowden tube.

The location  shown in the drawing is not always where it goes on the
car. My microfilm  shows the same thing your book shows. My experience
is mostly with '68 and  later cars, and all of those had both boots,
front and rear, as shown on  the photos you posted.

Yes, looks like another error in the parts  list.

Yes, my 72 dated parts book calls out the same thing. So, I guess it
wasn't updated.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction