[T3] Huf Ignition Key & Cylinder

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Aug 20 06:53:14 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/20/2013 8:51:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Gary,

BTW, when you ask about an OE Huf key, you also need  to specify that
you need a K profile key. Mark also points out that the OE  blanks you
will find will be brass, even though the ones that came with  the car
when new were steel. Both were chrome plated, so the only way to  tell
the difference is to look at the cut edges or use a  magnet.

And IF you decide to get a steel key, make sure he can "cut it". I only
mention this, as my local locksmith won't do steel keys (he's not set up for
them). Note; you might have to send a lock assembly to make sure the steel
key  will work. I ran into that last spring, when I used a VW key guy out of
PA.  The steel key didn't work, but the brass one did. He was working off
the key  code, when he made them. We're just using the brass one, and an
original Huf  key for the door locks.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction