[T3] Huf Ignition Key & Cylinder

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 09:18:37 PDT 2013

Gary,

BTW, when you ask about an OE Huf key, you also need to specify that
you need a K profile key. Mark also points out that the OE blanks you
will find will be brass, even though the ones that came with the car
when new were steel. Both were chrome plated, so the only way to tell
the difference is to look at the cut edges or use a magnet.

I've always known I had a "K" profile key.
In fact, when we lived in Fond du Lac (Circa ~1980) a local locksmith shop
had AKS  keys in STEEL.  I bought two of them, had them cut for my original
profile and had a local jewelry store, (who also engraved rings, baby
gifts, monograms, etc.) engrave the key number engraved on them.
I should have bought all the locksmith had.  I think they were $2.00 each.

You mean a chrome plated BRASS key won't be attracted to a magnet?  :-0  :-(

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)