[T3] Ethanol in the 71

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 17:24:35 PDT 2013

I changed out the can tonight, and I did go thru all the SP connectors and
the ones on the distributor too, and the rotor... all good.  Ill see how it
runs tomorrow and proceed from there.

Thanks

Keith

No, that slight bit of extra advance while crusing is something you
can only notice if you're keeping very close track of your gas
mileage, and even then it's hard to be sure. Many people drive with
bad vac cans for years without knowing it.

I have both good used and NOS #265 cans in stock, as well as all the
other '68-on Type 3 cans.

> Perhaps it IS running too lean and the lack of vac advance is masking the
> gas mileage symptom.

Too lean and poor gas mileage seem contradictory.

Have you check your 4 SP connectors for resistance?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org