[T3] Spitting, sputtering, can't climb a hill

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 11:43:15 PDT 2013

Hi everyone. My car is still spitting, sputtering, doesn't like accelerating. I had my mechanic put the kit on from Jim and asked him to clean out my gas tank, fuel lines and filter. I got it back and it ran like a dream for three days. Towed it back in and my mechanic said the filter was full of trash. He replaced it and it ran better, but not perfect, I couldn't get it home. I U-turned and took it back. I asked him to please clean the lines again when he got to it. He did blow them out and said the fuel pump was all gunky and trashy. I got it back, he hasn't made up a bill yet, so I'm not sure what he did to the fuel pump. I do know he adjusted the valves. It's still spitting and sputtering on acceleration. I put the sea foam stuff in the gas tank and filled it up and drove it just a little bit. Around the block a few times. No hills on my block. It cruises pretty well. If I accelerate at all it's cuts out like crazy. If I let off the gas and let it
 coast, it's perfect. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end and my husband is tired of writing checks for all the work with no results.