[T3] Subject: Re: Mechanic in town

Marion McDonald mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 27 19:43:13 PDT 2013

Tony,

As Dennis said, I have been out of pocket for a couple of days, and as Jim
said, it is time for me to chime in.

I am involved with a local VW group.  Besides me, there are three other T3
guys in the group.  We meet every Thursday at a local restaurant near
Lawrenceville.  We usually have 20 to 30 persons attend.  There is one
mechanic who attends regularly and many of the persons who attend have a
network of individuals in the area that they deal with.  You should be able
to get some good information from this crowd.

We would love to see your car.  You are certainly welcome to attend our
Thursday meetings.  We also have Tech days at different attendee's houses,
and we have regular cruises to car shows.  If you are interested in meeting
with us, just let me know and I can give you the details.  You are also
welcome to come by my house one evening if that is more convenient for you.

I have been using the same mechanic for 25 years who has a shop in Norcross.
He is heavy into Porsche 356 vehicles and his business has evolved over the
years (basically because of the internet) to working on high dollar 356s
from all over the country.  He is a one man shop and he has so much of this
restoration work that he no longer operates as a repair shop.  I am his only
T3 customer and he still deals with me because we are friends and I have
known him so long.

I hope you are considering attending the Invasion next year.  I already have
a couple of local guys who are going to caravan with me from the Atlanta
area.

Marion McDonald
Lawrenceville, Ga.
678-377-8172