[T3] kickdown switch

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:20:22 PDT 2013

I did have it working great without the fuse in it.  The experts put it all
back together and it all went to Hell.  I tried shortening up the throttle
cable, but that made it worse.  It has even blown a couple fuses, but
didn't yesterday when I put 40 miles on it to Brownsville.  I was thinking
about slotting the bracket bolts to get some adjustment?  It is going back
for it's 1000 mile oil change/tuneup under Warranty, so we will get it
figured out eventually.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM, <Bobsnotch at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 8/1/2013 5:43:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jadney at vwtype3.org writes:
>
> On 1 Aug 2013 at 10:41, Mike Fisher wrote:
>
> > My rebuilt  engine has been running fine, but my rebuilt AT will not kick
> > down to  2nd unless you mash the throttle into the carpet.  It used to
> kick
> > down easier, before you hit the carpet.
>
> That's all in the  adjustment of the throttle cable and the kickdown
> switch. Get someone to  help you while you do this. You don't need to
> have the engine running; you  can hear the switch "click" when you get
> there.
>

> You have  to have it installed, before you can adjust it. Mike prefers to
> drive with it  removed/disabled for some reason. :O
>

> Bob 65  Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
> 64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
> 71  Square-vert under  construction

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/