[T3] Items to keep on hand in a 72 FI Squareback

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:43:35 PST 2013

Thanks for all the input so far, I have plenty of things I can stock up on
and keep on hand.  So far this car has been a daily driver off and on over
the past ten years and the only issue (knock on wood)  which ever truly
left me stranded was when a wheel bearing went out with little advance
warning.  I would not have wanted to deal with that on the side of the road
anyway.

I like the idea of carrying around at least a few items, if nothing else
for the comfort value.  I have AAA so I'll be carrying that card with me
for the occasional tow, its just that I have already used 2 this year for
other cars/reasons and don't recall where the limit is before they cut you
off (I think its 4 per year).  If something simple were to happen, I'd like
to be able to fix it on the spot rather than have it towed home only to
find it was a simple fix.

Of course, if anybody sees an Orange '72 Square on the side of the road in
the San Jose area I'd appreciate some help.  :-)  If I'm putting along
okay, just give me a wave and a smile.

Jacob