[T3] Wire Question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 19:16:37 PST 2013

Headlight wiring grounds are brown too on VWs, as are other component
grounds.  The thin wire to the door-operated light switches are brown/white.

There is a logic to it - flasher wiring has black/green/white from flasher
unit then after the indicator switch one (right) is black/green and the
other (left) is black/white.  Headlight main beam is white, dipped is
yellow.  Same sort of pattern with sidelights (grey and grey/white),
brakelights (red/black)etc. (well, I may have remembered the odd one wrong,
but you get the idea).

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club