[T3] Single Circut Master Cyl and wheel cyl kits? Or parts to assemble?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 6 08:37:52 PST 2013

On 6 Feb 2013 at 10:25, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/5/2013 11:37:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> elvisleft_bldg at comcast.net writes:
>
> I am also concerned about wheel cylinders and kits to rebuild those  too.
>
> Rear wheel cylinders are available, but you have to look for them for a  66
> or later (same part), as most catalogs that part suppliers use don't go
> back far enough. For the fronts and master cylinder, you'll have to contact
> Jim for rebuilding. Since this is a daily driver, have you concidered going
> to  a dual circuit master cylinder? And or converting to 4 lug and adding
> disc  brakes?

I have rebuilt 66-on rear wheel cylinders on my shelf, and I have
plenty of rebuild kits for those, but I STRONGLY recommend rebuilding
them yourself ON THE CAR. This is a LOT less work and is much less
likely to break other parts. It's what I've always done on my own
cars and any other cars that end up here for brake work.

The only reason to do it differently is if the bleed valves are
broken off. Then I have to remove them to get the broken bleeders
out.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org