[T3] Single Circut Master Cyl and wheel cyl kits? Or parts toassemble?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 08:10:06 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/6/2013 7:17:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

If your concerned about your brakes, convert to a dual circuit  system NOW.
It’s a bolt on conversion and MUCH safer than the old single  systems, they
were really rather dangerous.

I did the conversion on  the Crate.

I found that the front drums were also very inferior to the  Disc setup, I
don’t have very many miles on them yet so maybe they will  wear in but Ive
found that during heavy stops the car doesn’t want to stay  straight.

I did the same thing on my 64 T-34, but went with a wide 5  disc kit (read
expensive), but I prefer how the car stops with it. It also  keeps the car
looking stock from the outside, as it still has it's stock rims.  A 4 lug
disc conversion would have been the cheaper way to go, but I would  have lost
the wide 5 rims and stock hub caps.

Jim rebuilt the dual circuit master cylinder for me, along with  hooking me
up with a later (longer) brake pedal push rod. But, I also  replaced ALL of
the steel brake lines, hoses, and replaced the rear wheel  cylinders and
shoes, and went with DoT 5 brake fluid. I felt, that since  I was in there
rebuilding the brake system, I'd do ALL of it, and be done with  it. : )

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction