[T3] stumbles on acceleration

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 21:54:41 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/15/2013 11:32:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cscsheridan at gmail.com writes:

Everything lined up put the
belt back on it, cap and rotor and  lit it right up. continued commuting on
wed and thursday, noticing that  it's taking 2-4 turns now to light it right
up, and it stumbles on  acceleration from a stop. it doesn't stall but the
idle is not completely  smooth but fumbling a bit. I'm going to get out the
timing gun and confirm  I'm at 0 degrees. I'm looking for a fuel delivery or
ignition problem,  correct?

Does the  timing light agree that you're at "0"? Or, are you supposed to be
at 7.5  before? Just asking, because not all type 3s are the same. My 64
T-34 wants  7.5* before, but, that's with 2 plug wires off. :O I'm not running
 that distributor, as I've got an SVDA in it, and it wants something
different.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction