[T3] I think you're gonna like this picture!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 16 13:57:39 PST 2013

On 16 Feb 2013 at 16:11, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Yes, that refers to the length of the threaded bushing. Walmart sells the
> "long shaft", while Kmart sells a "short shaft" clock kit. The short shaft
> kit, is too short to work, while the long shaft kit needs a little more
> spacing to set the depth right (at least what I've found).

Check this out:

http://www.klockit.com/products/dept-157__sku-AAAVV.html

It turns out that Klockit has a retail store in Lake Geneva, WI, with
is right next door to where Gary & Bev Forsmo spend their summers.
It's about an hour from me.

If you go to the page above, you'll see that they sell their clocks
in a number of different bushing lengths. Look at this and tell me if
any of these look about right.

> If you search the Samba gallery for Bobnotch, in the type 3 parts and
> accessories section, there's a full set of pics there. That was what I was
> trying to link to. The pics start about 1/2 way down on page 1, and go to  about
> 1/2 way down on page 2 (where they really start) of 3 pages, or 59
> entries. Some of the pics are out of order, due to the way they were loaded  into
> the gallery.

Okay, after spending about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get
where you told me and how to search on "bobnotch" without getting the
"no images found" reply, I finally found them.

When you were done, were you able to set the hands from the front, as
original, or do you have to reach up under the dash and do this from
the back of the new movement?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org