[T3] I think you're gonna like this picture!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 05:01:05 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/17/2013 2:51:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Yes, that is maddening, but if I look at some of their other info,
they seem to indicate that the bushing length will be approx 1/4"
longer than the max. dial thickness. That allows for a nut at the
front and a rubber washer at the rear. So they have 6 different
bushing lengths from about 3/8" to about 1" long. The hand shafts
then  protrude past the end of the bushings by about 3/16".

Do you have any  memory of about how long your bushing was?

Not  right off hand, but I could go to Walmart and measure one. That's
where I got  mine, since they sell the long shaft style there. I'd like to say
it's  about 1.25 to 1.375 inches long though. I'm pretty sure it's more than
1 inch.  The Kmart version is 3/4 inch long, and it's at least a 1/2 inch
longer than  that. Like I said before, I added a 3/8-16 nut to the back
(between the clock  works and the metal clock housing) along with using the rubber
washer to  set the depth correctly.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction