[T3] New up date

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 15:02:10 PST 2013

In a message dated 12/31/2012 9:33:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I will  make every
effort to be there but I'm still a little scared to take a 41 by  then 42
year old car 916.12 miles according to map quest but I'm thinking  about it.
How dose everybody keep cool in these cars in the  summer?
I too was a little worried about driving a 48 year old car out to Colorado
this past summer, but I did get a few runs in with the car prior to making
the  long distance run out. And I got to do a little fine tuning before we
left.  It was basically a 3,000 mile round trip cruise. But then, I had gone
thru  almost everything on the car before we headed out. In our case, we
broke a  speedometer drive shaft (just as we got into Chicago), and went thru 2
used  starters (1 on the way out, and 1 on the way back), but everything
else was  fine. It really paid off going thru the mechanicals, but I couldn't
help the  starter issue, short of replacing it with a new one (and in a
caravan, that's a  little tough to do). It might have been the heat, but more
than likely it was a  combination of used parts and the heat. :O  However, we
only had  to push start the car twice. ;-)

As far as keeping cool, wear loose fitting clothing, shorts, and drink lots
 of cool water. In your case, as you get further north, it should cool off
some  in temperature. : ) For us, the further west we went, the hotter it
got. :O And  coming back, that first leg into Kansas had to be the worst (it
was 114*,  at 4 o'clock in the afternoon when stopped for the day in Hays).
The windows  down, and the wings open is the only way to go. : )

Bob 65 Notch  S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71 Square-vert  under construction