[T3] Looking for data sheets

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 16:24:53 PST 2013

> Ah, but that's at 8000ft, I can do
> that too at that altitude,
> At sea level though, a 1776 running in the low 30's wouldn't
> last long on
> the highway, it would be too lean and run too hot.
>
> Ported heads might help with mileage though... more
> efficient.
>
> Keith

Not sure I follow that Keith. The system I am using corrects AFR for the altitude change (actually MAP and baro both change as a function of altitude and the fuel algorithm uses those) and I should have the same AFR at any given point on the rpm-MAP surface at sea-level as I do here at home.

Of course I have no idea if the stock FI system does anything like that or not. Carbs certainly don't. They just get leaner as barometric pressure increases. So they just get tuned for sea-level and allowed to go rich in the mountains.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/