[T3] window seals

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 07:37:22 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/29/2013 9:16:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 29 Jan 2013 at 19:31, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> I'm  not sure about the side windows, but the windshield seals ISP sells
>  now are not WCM seals.  Big difference in the quality between them. I
> took some side by side pics of them maybe a year ago and posted them  on
TS.

Which do you think are better, and why?

I prefer the WCM seals. They look like a more quality piece, and have
longer lips for their sealing surfaces. The ISP seals look like someone was
trying to save some runner on them, by making the lips shorter. That's just my
experience with them though. I'll still buy the WCM seals before I'll get
the  ISP seals (at least the Cal Look version). I do know the WCM Cal look
seals  last a long time though, as Sue's car has them still on it, from when
they  were installed back in 1991 (still no cracking). :O Note; that car sits
 outside year round, and has never had any "rubber dressing" put on those
seals. They were simply installed with soapy water, and wiped clean after
installation.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction