[T3] Gearshift knob

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jan 30 17:58:31 PST 2013

On 30 Jan 2013 at 17:40, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> So here's my question:
> Did our standard, manual shift, lever have a knob with a nut UNDER the
> black Bakelite shift knob?
> Or was a M12 1.5 pitch nut only used under the (accessory) Walnut
> Gearshift Knob?

There was never a locknut under the gearshift knob. I have one of
those Walnut knobs, too. It didn't come with a locknut either.

So that's an M12 x 1.5. I made one a few years ago to lock the
T-handle shift grip that John J. made for prizes a few years back. I
made mine from a 3/8 nut and just tapped it out to M12. I did that
because I didn't want a full size M12 nut sitting there under John's
nice grip.

At this point I couldn't remember which thread it was.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org