[T3] Gearshift knob

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 05:51:01 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/30/2013 7:19:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

There was a two-tone (fatter?) knob in the 1500S, but I guess that  was
dropped at some point.  Same thread I assume.

I've one of  those wooden walnut(?) knobs I found somewhere - has the
Wolfsburg Castle  and wolf plastic insert like the column centre but only 1"
diameter -  probably not a genuine VW part though.

Dave, the gray and white knob ended in 66. I think it started in 63, and
prior to that, the knobs were all ivory. All used the same thread.

There's actually about 5 VW approved "aftermarket" knobs (sold thru
dealers), 2 being wood, 2 being "leather wrapped", and a "T" handle.  The  2 wood
and vinyl versions came with either a 4 speed shift pattern, or a  Wolfsburg
crest on top.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction