[T3] It felt SO good!

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Thu Jan 31 12:05:35 PST 2013

I live in a condo with a huge garage on two floors, so it is an easy
matter to go down there on a decently mild day anytime in the winter
and fire up an old car and do a few laps.

A couple of years ago when I had three cars down there I decided to
do just that.  First I fired up my 66 Beetle and scooted around for a
while shifting through all the gears and warming up the brakes.  Then
I cranked up a 66 Cadillac I had at the time and did a couple of laps
with it when I noticed someone rooting around in the trunk of their
car, so I went to the other floor, thinking I did not want to poison
the guy with my exhaust, and I did a few laps there.  Then I fired up
my 67 type 3 and proceeded to do the same thing again.

I got about three laps in when the fire alarm went off.  I parked the
car and walked up two flights of stairs to the lobby (the elevators
shut down when the fire alarm goes off) .  I saw one of the board
members standing around with all the folks who had evacuated the
building and asked what was going on.  She said an alarm had
triggered under the rec center.  The garages are under the rec
center.  I realized the  old cars had set off a carbon monoxide
alarm.  I stood around whistling Dixie, trying to look innocent until
the fire department left and let us back in the building.

Needless to say I only do one car a day now, and limit the laps to three.

At 01:24 PM 1/31/2013, you wrote:
>All this talk about dried up pumps and injectors had me thinking, I need to
>give my Square its mid winter running, and being in the 50's for the past 24
>hours this may be the only chance I have at starting it with the thick oil
>till Spring!
>
>The engine was drenched in condensation, even though now its in the 30's
>again but it was warm enough and the car lit right off... then I looked at
>the road, looked at the car, looked at the road...  Hmmm  we had heavy rain
>all night, the snow is gone, the salt is gone... WOW! They didn't re-salt
>this morning!  So I took it around the block!  Man it feels good to be in
>something air cooled again!
>
>Thanks to last winters extreme warmth and lack of snow, this is the 23rd
>consecutive month that Ive been able to drive it at least once!  Amazing for
>Albany NY!  Global warming?  I think not but were in a warm cycle now and
>although the brutal winters will return soon all I need is one salt free
>warm day in Feb to get it thru this winter and keep the spell going...
>
>Keith
>

>Top Notch Restorations
>topnotch at nycap.rr.com
>http://www.a383ina68.addr.com/radiorest/main.htm
>71 Squareback "Hothe"
>65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
>65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
>87 golf "Winterat"
>93 RX7 "Redstur"

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

http://www.peoplepost.net/                      peoplepost.net
http://www.yachtsales.com                       Don Robertson's
Marine Marketplace
http://www.marinesurveyor.com                   The Marine Surveyor's Web Site
http://www.oxfordautosales.com                  Oxford Auto Sales
http://www.artsale.com                          ArtSale.com

http://www.accuratervinspectors.com/            Accurate RV Inspectors
http://www.yachtsales.com/aquaclean/            AquaClean Sail
Cleaning and Rejuvenation
http://www.auto-tech.ca                         Auto-Tech
http://www.boatexhaust.com/                     BoatExhaust.com
http://www.brimleyboatsales.com/                Brimley Boat Sales
http://www.clelandinstruments.com/              Cleland Instruments
http://www.customyachtbuilder.com/              The Custom Yacht builder
http://www.yachtsales.com/mathews/              David Mathews, Yacht Deliveries
http://www.thedevonrexcattery.com/              Devondark, A Devon Rex Cattery
http://www.dixiematheson.com/                   Dixie Matheson Service Centre
http://www.dkqandsonsalarms.com/                D.K.Q. & Sons Alarms
http://www.greatlakesboathaulers.com/           Great Lakes Boat Haulers
http://www.yachtsales.com/msandy/               Maritime Ship & Yacht Brokers
http://www.orangeparkdrycleaners.com/           Orange Park Dry Cleaners
http://www.palmbreezechartermarco.com/  Palm Breeze Charters
http://www.railwayexpertwitness.com/            Railway Expert Witness
http://www.seelevelheater.com/                  See Level Marine Cabin Heaters
http://www.yachtsales.com/sharpe/               William M. Sharpe
Barrister & Solicitor

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.