[T3] [T3} Beauty Rings

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Wed Jul 3 09:21:57 PDT 2013

On Jul 3, 2013, at 2:28 AM, Dave Hall <dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> I've got a bag of the plastic mirror-plugs in my stash.  Not that I would
> usually fit them to anything!

I would!  Who needs a passenger side mirror anyway?  For early cars with smaller mirrors, I don't believe that long arm mirrors were ever available, and I don't see the point in having a short arm mirror there.   When I got my 65 Variant a couple years ago, it still had (the desert sun-cracked remnants of) a plastic plug in its passenger door.  I've never had a daily driver that was fitted with a passenger mirror, so even when I find myself driving someone else's car, I forget to use the passenger side mirror. Keep your standards low, folks; you'll be happier for it.

Soren