[T3] [T3} Beauty Rings

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 14:22:42 PDT 2013

>I think Gary's grey grommet trim rings are the only ones I've ever
>seen on that late a car. Gary is sure they are original to the car,
>so I have to assume that they were occasionally supplied this way
>from the factory right up to the end.

As I have posted previously,
The only upgrade options that I added to the basic Square from the
dealer showroom floor was:
1)  the Walnut Shift Knob,
2)  rubber, 1-piece, over the hump Front Floor Mat
3)  undercoating (a U.S. "rust-belt" recommendation)

A few weeks later, I did have the dealer install an AM radio.  The
price of the car was $2,250.00(?), I've still got the Bill of Sale and
I couldn't afford a Blaupunkt AM/FM radio at that time.  :-O

In ~1982, I did sandblast & repaint the wheels with Silver Metal flake.  :-(
They still look OK .... although the edges by the rubber are a bit chipped.
But the beauty rings cover most of the paint.
That was before I knew better, or knew Jim, and "It's only original once".  :-)

The (October purchase) 1969 Square wheels came with the beauty rings
and the gray, valve stem inserts.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)