[T3] Brake Pedal Sticking...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 12:46:36 PDT 2013

Sqbk 71 Std FI--

Twice or so yesterday, the brake pedal stuck in down position....as if some suction was holding it. That didn't happen again right away, but a few miles later (in stop-and-go city traffic).

I haven't crawled under yet to look for suspicious things, but did plan to put a nicely cleaned-up and re-cut rotor on the front right...where some braking issues seem to be happening. That is...in heavy-breaking moments, there's some rough wobbling.   Last week or so, when checking out the area, the caliper seemed to be ok (both pistons were able to be pushed back in with a flat pry bar without undue effort).  And...we discussed the Piston Retainer Plates here.

But...re/ the brake pedal sticking.  Q.  Could that be connected to that front right rotor and caliper?  Or, can a sticking pedal only be caused by something funny in Master Cylinder?