[T3] Car Body Questions....

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 16:44:38 PDT 2013

1-   Old plastic at the (never-used) windshield squirt nozzle broke apart just with a car washing rag wipe.  But, I have two spare parts cars with intact nozzles.   What's the trick to taking them off, in one piece, and installing?

2-  Driver side door needs a little shoulder to open...as if door frame is a bit out of whack.
Hood springs open with perhaps a bit too much of a Boinngg.
Once I heard right front wheel, while turned hard in a parking moment, actually rub the wheel well side.
 When gas tank was out, there was a strip of eaten out metal just below where the tank sits. How the heck did THAT area get rusty?  And, is that area a part of car structure....you know...keeping the front end in line with the rest of the car?

Does this mean that rust is eating the structure of the car?  The arms that hold the axle beam are ok...unlike in a now dead parts car.   That one sank lower and lower in the front and became unfixable.

What body metal (besides axle beam holding arms and the underneath front to back supports) are crucial to keep a squareback sitting up as high in front as it should be?