[T3] Fuel Weep Hole into Cabin

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 07:23:13 PDT 2013

In a message dated 6/6/2013 5:11:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cscsheridan at gmail.com writes:

I opened the hood and found
that the big fat filler hose was  damp underneath, and that it apparently
had been dripping when the car is  in operation.

Yeah, I ran into that in the mid 90's on my wife's 70 Fastback. It had a
fuel smell in the car until you got below half a tank. It drove me nuts
trying  to find the cause, until 1 day right after filling it, I too noticed that
hose  was soaking wet. I pulled it off, and looked inside, and saw all
sorts of  cracks in the inner hose portion. Went to NAPA and got a section of
hose that  was very similar to the OE stuff, and installed it. It wasn't a
cheap section  of hose, but it did fix the problem, as I haven't noticed the
smell anymore,  and it's been over 15 years (almost 20 now) since I replaced
that hose.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction