[T3] Car Cures Itself...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 17:38:01 PDT 2013

I did try the trick of taking foot off gas when at speed (during those first five minutes of apparent stumbling)...but didn't notice any effects either way.

Trick now is to identify which cylinder area has the problem...leaky injector, or whatnot.  Can spark plug condition tell anything?  Or will a bad injector LOOK bad?  I can do the Squirt-drip Test.  I have plenty of spare (used) injectors.

By the way, it SEEMS that if I prime the fuel pump about five or so times before trying to start, THEN it works ok from the start....most (not all) of the time.

On 25 Jun 2013 at 14:29, J. Jonik wrote:

> Re; 71 FI Std shift....
>
> ? Earlier I asked about why the car "cures itself" from
> stumbling...stuttering...seeming like maybe only on 3 cylinders, AFTER
> going about three miles, or after about five minutes.??

Did you try my trick of getting it up to speed then taking your foot
off the throttle for a few seconds?

Jim Adney