[T3] Leak under front driver side

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:55:50 PDT 2013

So it seems like the consensus is that I'll need to at least flush the
fluid.  I know there was DOT 3 in there before, and because it sat so long,
I imagine this cannot be good.

Also, taking a close look at the reservoir, it appears the side on the
passenger side is maybe 1mm or so lower than the other.  Not sure if this
is enough to indicate a leak, but I thought I would mention it.

I'm starting to think that the leak is brake fluid now, especially in view
of the corrosiveness of brake fluid.  The areas of the front end that are
"wet" are that bright orange/fresh rust color.  I do not have enough of a
leak on the floor right now (haven't driven it in about a week) to perform
the oil/water test under the sink to see if it is water soluble.

So if I want to verify my brakes are up to speed, aside from flushing out
the old fluid, what next?  Should I remove the cylinders and have them
rebuilt?

Jacob