[T3] RE Type 3 Brakes

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 16:18:02 PDT 2013

Double flare goes out and in again - it's probably the same as a bubble
flare (two countries divided by a common language!).  The end of a normal
brake line is that.  Yes, some couplers use an olive which is a compression
coupler and relies on friction with the pipe to stay together.  I had to
hire the proper flaring tool to add a new bit to the one piece line on a VW
Polo we had - only the rear bit had rusted, and removing the whole line
would have been a harder job.  My 'cheap' flaring tool was OK for copper but
no good to flare the original steel pipe for the proper coupler.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club