[T3] engine info

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 06:41:08 PDT 2013

Matt has a 'new' 1600 FI/AT just about ready to put in my square.  I sucked
the #3 exhaust valve on my 1641!  Matt did a line bore/rings/bearings/valve
job with all the used parts we have here.  He also built me a 'new' AT with
all our parts.  He's just waiting on the powder coating on the tins and I'm
trying to be patient!

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:50 AM, <Bobsnotch at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 3/22/2013 8:20:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:
>
> Well now that Im done dancing around the room yelling "Stock"   :-)
> Give me a ring, Ive been collecting parts for an alternative to  that
> Darksider for the past 2 years and I just keep finding more and more  junk
> avoid out there.
>
> Basically, Old stock... OEM or good  aftermarket, Berg stuff, and I was
> about
> to ring the warning bell on  another Item...  The T4 world has lost the
> last
> supply of suitable  94mm cylinders... it seems the Mahle kits, even though
> they are still  labeled OEM quality, are using Chinese AA cylinders and
> they
> are JUNK JUNK  JUNK!  That's what took out my first T4 build, warped  AA
> cylinders.  It's a good thing Russ didn't live to see AA cylinders  in a
> Mahle kit!
>
> Not sure IF or WHEN they started putting them in the  1600 kits but look at
> the base of the cylinder near the short fins, there  are a couple fins
> bridged where the Chinese logo is cast or stamped in them  and its ground
> off
> on the Mahle supplied units.
>
> Which of the Fleet  is THIS engine for?
>
> Keith
>

> If it'll make you feel better, Jake will build you a complete new T-4
> motor for 15K (his cheapest). That engine uses ALL USA made parts. ;-)
>
> Bob 65  Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
> 64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
> 71  Square-vert under  construction

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/