[T3] Electrical Cable

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 06:09:21 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/31/2013 8:16:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

Australia, so right-hand drive?  The solenoid cable runs down  that side of
the tunnel (do you mean tunnel rather than console, and do you  mean
selector
lever rather than gearbox, which is at the rear of  course?).

Are they thick red/white striped?  Sounds like starter  solenoid connections
to me, but with auto there's also something to stop  you starting in drive,
maybe only in park. I'm not experienced with  automatics - I can only
suggest
you look for the wire(s) that were  connected to them.  They must still be
somewhere!

I believe they (if they're red/black striped, and or red/white  striped) go
to the neutral safety switch. I think they sit almost on top of  each other
in the plastic holder (it's been a few years since I've been inside  the
cover of Sue's Fastback). It's there to prevent you from starting the  engine
in any gear other than neutral. I don't remember when starting in park  was
added, but it might have been 72. You'll have to remove the selector  cover,
and on the right side is the plastic "switch" you'll see 2 open spade
connections for the wires to reattach. Note, you should also see 2 smaller
black wires there as well. They're for the reverse lights. I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction