[T3] Rust...

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat May 11 09:44:39 PDT 2013

>As for door hinges rusting up, well that's partly why VW added a
>plastic cap to the top [of the door hinges] for oil to penetrate
< into the hinge, to lube it.
>It's  one of those things that's supposed to happen at every
>oil change, but people forget about them,
>until they get stiff and hard to open/close.

Bob "taught" me about this, in September 2012.
How many days did we "oil a little ... open and close the doors" until
the stiffness and squeaky-ness went away?

I'm still not completely satisfied that the oil has migrated all the
way down into the hinge.  Something I'll work on this year.  I think
I'm still missing one or two of those plastic caps.

Thanks for the tutorial, Bob.  I appreciate your attention to this
kind of detail.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)