[T3] Carb isolation blocks

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue May 21 05:26:50 PDT 2013

In a message dated 5/20/2013 11:01:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 20 May 2013 at 22:45, Keith Park wrote:

> Im building  the Crate engine, anyone have an extra set of carb isolation
>  blocks?  I know these didn't originally have them but it would be nice
to  be
> able to start this car when its hot.  Im looking for the  Bakelite block
that
> goes between the carb and the singleport  manifold.

Why didn't the Crate engine have them originally? Were they  just a
later innovation?

Yes, the blocks came on dual port engines.
Keith, I'll take a look around, as I think I've got a pair that Russ  made.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction