[T3] End of school year

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 25 22:00:49 PDT 2013

On 25 May 2013 at 20:54, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> > From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> > To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> > Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 16:13:55 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [T3] End of school year
> >
> > If your AAR fails this test, I can rebuild the AAR fairly cheaply.
> >
> Adney, do you re-bore?

I lap the ID to remove the low spots. The zinc die cast bodies tend
to warp over time; apparently this is a rather natural tendency of
zinc to recrystallize over time, which causes slight changes in
shape.

I don't know if engine compartment temps accelerate this or not. I'd
be curious to know if your NOS one was still good. OTOH, lots of
those in use are also still fine. All of mine are, but I also have a
few repaired ones here.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org