[T3] Further Planning

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:31:35 PST 2013

P.S. So I am seeing this:

Day One
Mesa, Az to Villanueva
8 hours roughly

Day Two
Option One
Villanueva to Salina, Kansas via Highway 412
Google claims nine hours, but bet it be at least nine and a half and is a lonely and boring route. Plus, don't recall a lot of fuel options.

Option Two
Take I25 to Denver, Colorado and then take the I70 to Salina
Google says 10 hours and thirty minutes.
This have the advantage of not having to stop in every town, so might be able to clip a half hour?

Day Three
Salina to Indianapolis, Indiana
Again, ten and a half.

Day Four
Indianapolis to Long Point Provincial Park, Ontario
Seven hours and thirty minutes.
I don't have the books, so can't look, but this might be able to be extended. However, after beating tracks, might be nice to have a shorter day?

I70 and skipping the corner saves a day! If I could get up super early, I might be able to push all the way from Arizona to the Colorado border which be eleven hour drive. Then that could eliminate another day, but might be tough on the body.