[T3] Further Planning

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 07:08:37 PST 2013

In a message dated 11/8/2013 12:31:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

Day Two
Option One
Villanueva to Salina, Kansas via Highway  412
Google claims nine hours, but bet it be at least nine and a half and is  a
lonely and boring route. Plus, don't recall a lot of fuel  options.

Option Two
Take I25 to Denver, Colorado and then take the  I70 to Salina
Google says 10 hours and thirty minutes.
This have the  advantage of not having to stop in every town, so might be
able to clip a half  hour?

I don't know how highway 412 is, but I-70 from outside of Denver to  Salina
is a very lonely stretch of interstate (especially from Limon CO to  points
east), with not much there other than where the exits are. :O I  even
posted a couple of pics in last years Invasion thread, where we're  looking at 2
lanes of a lot of empty highway, and a pic of us doing 75, in a  75 mph zone.

If you're going that route from AZ (taking I-25), you might want to  get
off I-25, and work your way up state road 71 to Limon, from  outside of
Colorado Springs. It won't be 70 mph, but traffic is fairly sparse  (once out of
the city), and you really only slow down for the smaller towns.  Then you can
pick up I-70, while avoiding going to Denver. I don't know IF  it's any
faster or not though. That's how we went, when we left the Invasion  last year,
as I'm sure others from the east and mid west did.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction