[T3] Auto trans interchange?

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 16:11:16 PST 2013

> > So what other transmissions will work in a 69 type-3?

> He needs another Type 3 AT. I don't think anything else will fit.

The hunt is on for another type-3 trans. But if the next option becomes converting the car
to a manual (he has one), a significant amount of work is already under consideration.

Assuming that a type-4 car or late type-2 automatic could be made to work with
some amount of modification, might such a project be on the same order of magnitude
as switching the car to a stick?

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/