[T3] Moving a siezed drivers seat...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 20:30:51 PST 2013

Re/ previous postings about moving the rusted-in driver's seat (to have better access to doing rust repair on the floor below...and to simply move the seat fore and aft as intended)...

   I tried dislodging it using scissor jack, pushing the seat forward, lever in "loosen" position, using boards to protect things, against back seat metal....and using hammer taps (on wood to protect things)...but nothing moved.   I succeeded only in making the seat back movement not work. Now I have to reach under the back of the seat to pull the operating rods to tilt the seat-back forward.

   If I could see a picture of how that mechanism works, it would be totally helpful.   It's very hard to see even with flashlight.

And....how the heck to spray penetrating stuff (CRC Liquid Wrench WD-40) on the runners of the seats?   There's no way to spray it so it drips down or anything.   It's all protected by metal.  You'd have to turn the car upside down.