[T3] Caliper bolt locking plate

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Oct 9 23:30:28 PDT 2013

On 9 Oct 2013 at 22:09, Joe Plowick III wrote:

> I've never had a brake kit come with replacement caliper bolts, for any of
> my cars.  I purchased some new bolts for the calipers (non-VW but the
> proper grade), but I don't think they have the ridges under the bolt head.
>  So I could pick up some lock washers to use.  But most replacement bolts
> that I order for my GTI do come with the dry blue threadlocker compound
> already on them.

Back in the day, all the kits included replacement bolts, but I never
replace them automatically. I've never seen ones with locking ribs
under the heads, and I'm not convinced that those do much good
anyway. I'm also not a fan of split ring lockwashers; if you want to
do something, buy some LocTite.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org