[T3] Clementine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 22 10:10:52 PDT 2013

On 22 Oct 2013 at 12:00, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 22 Oct 2013 at 8:22, Dennis Stiefel wrote:
>
> > The AM/FM stereo  Sapphire I have in it sounds scratchy and will only
> > get a country FM and an AM Southern Gospel  station close by. Not a big
> > country fan but it's OK now and then but not all of the time.

> The most common problem with our radios is actually in the antenna.

I should add that you may also need to adjust the antenna trimmer in
your radio. Every radio has one of these, which is there to
compensate for the exact capacitance in your antenna lead-in cable.
There should be a place where you can stick in a very small insulated
screwdriver and turn it until you get the best reception at a station
near the bottom of the AM dial.

The adjustment position varies with the radio model. You may have to
remove the front panel of the radio to see the hole for this
adjustment. I'm away from home right now, but if you'll tell us which
model Sapphire you have, someone may be able to help you find that
adjustment.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org