[T3] Type3 towbar?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Sep 15 07:53:50 PDT 2013

In a message dated 9/6/2013 4:03:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rlgreen at industryinet.com writes:

Sorry I am late on this. Someone made one long before on this. I  posted
them on the samba. IF I remember correctly this is a type 1 bar but  it
is modified and uses brackets that make it workout. I do not remember
the creator. I will see it I can find it for  grins.
richard

Sorry  I'm late to the party (been out of town). That was me. I gave  you
the info needed to fabricate the "adapter" to use a bug tow bar on a type  3,
back in 2002 or something like that. :O

That said, I've found that modifying a super beetle tow bar the easiest
way to go for our cars, as you can almost leave it in place on the car (unless
 it's really lowered (more than 2 splines)). If you do a gallery search for
tow  bar (or use the link Sue provided) on the Samba using my screen name
there (Bobnotch), you'll find my pics that I/we posted a few years ago. That
 tow bar set up was copied from another that I ran into, that I thought was
a  pretty slick way to go. What nice about it, is that the spare tire (and
well)  can stay in their proper place. I think it took me about 2 hours to
convert it  from being a "super beetle" tow bar, to a type 3 tow bar. Plus,
it can still  be used on a super beetle. ;-) I had it on my 65 Notch at the
08 T-3 Invasion,  and it cleared most everything, including the ride out to
Zuki Lake. : ) I did  remove it for the 2010 Invasion, as I didn't know how
low the car was going to  ride with 2 adults and stuff for 9 days (we were
loaded pretty good for that  trip, and the car IS lowered 2 splines in front).

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction