[T3] Type 4 Cam Recommendation

one4house at yahoo.com one4house at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 07:49:46 PDT 2014

Crew,

I am slowly getting together the parts for my type 4 build. The case is getting align bored now. I have found a set of 2.0 crank and rods. I have also found another 1.8 head to go with the one I got with the engine.

Now I need to start deciding on a cam. Here are the specs,

96mm piston and cylinder set.
Dell 40's
8-8.5 compression for pump gas use
Stock 1.8 heads
71mm stroke with stock rods
All inside my automatic squareback at around 2200 lb.
It does have a type 4 torque converter in it. I don't know if the stall is the same between type 3 and 4.

Most recommendations have been for a web 73 or 494. I just don't know enough to make an informed decision. I am looking for low end torque and longevity. I'm not interested in racing or going 100 mph. 22 mpg + would also be nice. All brands will be considered.

Adam