[T3] Type 3 Axle Beam question

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 18:36:46 PDT 2014

The plastic sleeves just press in, BUT... they are really in there!  the
bearing sleeves need to press into these sleeves and come out without
removing the sleeves so they are really quite a press fit.

I got them out by cutting a section out of the metal tube with an air cutoff
tool, this released them nicely but you do need to make sure you don't cut
too far or you will cut into the bushing.  They are rather soft and brittle
being made out of Bakelite or phenolic of some sort.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"