[T3] That's it

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 05:13:12 PDT 2014

In a message dated 8/11/2014 2:23:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fiestacranberry at gmail.com writes:

Who is this guy Tram?  If he gets in there and finds out the  case needs new
bearings and/or reboring, that's a complete rebuild or a new  engine.

I need an idea of how much all these various things will  cost:

1. Dropping engine and replacing with new  engine
2. Dropping engine and splitting case, replacing  camshaft, lifters etc.

And don't forget, The Baroness is an  automatic.  Seems to make everything
harder.

Not so sure about  putting back the FI.  I had a LOT of trouble with it.
The carbs have  been pretty trouble free.

Tram is an old school factory trained VW mechanic, who really only  works
on type 3s. His main business however is old Mercedes restorations. He's  up
in Springfield Oregon.

The best way to contact him is thru the PM (Personal Mail) system  on the
Samba, as that way you can get his personal contact info, and make  informed
decisions about what to do. He really is pretty sharp when it comes  to
these cars, and he's even got a dedicated FI thread (a sticky) in the type  3
forum, where he's helped quite a few people get their FI back up and running
correctly. At this point in time, you really don't have anything to lose
contacting him.

64 T-34 Ghia aka  Wolfie